The Beauty, Health and Durability of your RAUH hair extensions is strongly dependent on a Proper Hair Care Regimen. RAUH extensions are all 100% RAW human hair and do behave as such. Since the strands have been separated from their nutritional source to create the extension, external care is even more important. Below are some tips and guidelines on how to best maintain your RAUH hair:
- Please wash your extensions with Shampoo & Conditioner before installing them or creating your unit. We also recommend a deep conditioning before installing as well.
- If you opted not to have us seal your wefts, we do recommend applying a good quality weft sealant to your wefts to further secure your hair from shedding. Although our wefts typically experience very minimal shedding it is wise to protect your investment by ensuring that the wefts last as long as possible. We especially recommend sealing your wefts in the event that you opt to bleach or dye your extensions. Weft sealant can be purchased at your local beauty supply store.
- It is recommended that the wefts NOT be cut during installation and that the fold over method be used, but if they are, please apply weft sealant to the cut ends to prevent shedding. We also recommend not sewing through but around the wefts as well as this too can compromise the weft and cause shedding also.
- Wash your extensions at least once a week with a cream conditioner, and perform an occasional cleansing with a gentle clarifying (preferably sulfate free) shampoo. A monthly deep conditioning is also recommended.
- Before washing, be sure to brush the hair out completely regardless of the texture, this will ensure that the hair is easier to manage while wet.
- When detangling while wet, always detangle only with the conditioner in, and start from the tip working your way up to the root. A wide tooth comb or paddle brush should be utilized during this process.
- We strongly recommend the detangling brush by Wet particularly for very wavy and curly textures.
- Very thick crème conditioners tend to work best with Raw Hair. We recommend the Tresemme Moisture Rich or the Tresemme Curl Hydrate Conditioners.
- After washing the hair, pat dry to remove excess water and brush through the hair with no product in.
- Apply a small amount of leave in conditioner to infuse moisture. (Crème leave in conditioners tend to work best with our Raw extensions, You can also opt to use no product as well).
- Air dry naturally or a hooded dryer can be used.
- Blow drying is not recommended because it could potentially cause strand breakage from overheating.
- You may apply a small amount of argan oil to the hair daily. A very small amount at that as product build up causes the extensions to become stiff and lifeless.
- If RAUHcking curly/very wavy textures a generous amount of leave-in conditioner or culrl defining cream should be added regularly/daily to tame any frizz and define your curls/waves and also to add moisture. This will keep the hair soft and significantly minimize any tangling. Again, crème conditioners tend to work best with Raw Hair. We do not recommend applying oils with curly/very wavy textures.
- Use a heat protectant when applying heat to the hair via flat or curling irons to minimize breakage.
- A wide tooth comb or soft tip paddle brush is ideal for combing/brushing through your hair when necessary.
- Use a silk bonnet at night to lock in the hair's moisture and to prevent breakage as well.
- If you wish to color your RAUH Hair extensions please consult a professional colorist to ensure that the right result is obtained and to prevent over processing.
- FYI-We have found the many OGX/Organix & Suave Products do not work well with Our Raw Textures.
- We recommend sealing the knots on your lace products before installation. Sealing reinforces the knots and helps to minimize shedding.
- Bleaching the knots is not recommended and we recommend tinting or the use of makeup/foundation to blend with your skin/complexion. Bleaching compromises the strength of the knots and lace, and could lead to excessive shedding and balding.
- Avoid brushing through the hair very often because it may loosen the knots and contribute to increased shedding as well.
- Avoid using Shampoo on your lace as much as possible.
- Please also follow the wefted hair care tips in the above section for the overall health and longevity of your lace product.